Tuesday 29 December 2009

Battle of the Eye Primers



Urban Decay Primer Potion versus Too Faced Shadow Insurance:

I am a huge fan of eye primers and I use them under all of my eye looks. They prevent creasing, make your eye makeup last longer, and give your shadows something to stick to. These two seem to be the most popular eye primers and I have used them both. I have always been an Urban Decay Primer Potion kind of girl, but I have heard good things about the Too Faced Shadow Insurance and thought I should give it a try. I have used it for about 4 months now and it is safe to say that I am not converted.

The Shadow Insurance often seemed to separate so when I squeeze some onto my finger I just get a finger full of a greasy, oily substance. It also had a liquid-like texture as opposed to the Primer Potion which has a more creamy consistency. I have to say that I prefer the thicker cream of the Primer Potion to the greasier texture of the Shadow Insurance, but to be honest, I don't see a big difference in which keeps my shadow on longer. I think they both work equally well as a primer, but because my skin tends to be more on the oily side, I have to stick with the Primer Potion. For dry skin/eye lids, however, I would recommend the Shadow Insurance.

No clear winner here...just a matter of skin types, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment