Tuesday 29 December 2009

Nars The Multiple Shade Sticks




Nars The Multiple Shade Sticks:

These three shade sticks came in a set, packaged together, in the colors Orgasm, South Beach, and Copacabana.

I was initially wary to try these creamy sticks because my skin tends to get pretty oily over the course of the day and the thought of putting cream makeup all over my face has never been something that I have tried before. However, these sticks go on the face and immediately feel just like powder! They become velvety smooth and do not feel thick and creamy at all.

The Orgasm shade stick should sound fairly familiar because it is the shade stick version of Nars' best selling blush. I also have the powder version of the blush, but I may just love it better as a shade stick. I apply it to the apples of my cheeks and blend it out. It blends very easily and delivers a stronger pop of color as opposed to the powder blush that I have to gradually build to get the application that I get right away with the shade stick. The only down side of this being that it is easy to apply too much color too quickly.

South Beach is the bronzer of the trio and I was worried that it may look streaky in a cream stick form, but I found that it was very easy to blend and made contouring a whole lot easier as well because I was able to precisely place the bronzer just where I wanted it before I blend it out.

Copacabana is the highlighter in the set and I was pleasantly surprised at the shimmery taupe shade. I find that some highlighters can be too white and look like a sparkly white smudge on the face, but this shade blends in well with my skin tone and gives the tops of my cheek bones just the right amount of shimmer.

Overall, I could not be happier with the purchase! The shade sticks were easy to use and came in three great colors that, when used together, create an easy look for the entire face.

No comments:

Post a Comment