Sunday 23 May 2010

Anastasia Brow Pencil In Brunette



Anastasia Brow Pencil In Brunette:

Let me preface this post by saying that this is my very first brow pencil...and for good reason. I was born with crazy-big Brooke Shields-esq brows that I have slowly whittled down over the years to fit in nicely with the small features of my face. They are super dark and still a good size and shape. Getting a brow pencil never even occurred to me before the great brow crisis of May 22nd 2010.

I've always gone to the same brow waxer. For years I have entrusted her with my brows and she has not let me down. But at my last appointment I walked out with two very different brows. One fairly normal one, and one lopsided, very small, over-waxed, over-plucked eyebrow. I was horrified. There was no turning back. I had to just move forward and do the best I could. Of course this was really much more noticeable to me than anyone else (so says my very nice family and friends) but it bothers me none-the-less.

I have been hearing about Anastasia's brand and the wonders it works for brows so I went straight to Sephora to pick up a pencil. I have to say that the quality of the pencil and brow brush are excellent. However, I have very dark, almost black, eyebrows and the darkest color they had was dark brown or "Brunette" and to me this color was not only lighter than my actual brow shade, but it looked a bit orange to me as well. I am going to do the best that I can with it because for 22 dollars you bet I am not throwing this baby out! But I do recommend for the dark-haired readers to avoid Anastasia and move on to a brand with a better color selection.

For now, I just keep saying...brows grow back...brows grow back...brows grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment