Wednesday 10 March 2010

elf Corrective Concealer in Neutralize and Brighten



elf Corrective Concealer in Neutralize and Brighten:

In a lot of ways I think of elf like the H&M or Forever 21 of makeup. You can get the high end trend for way less. I have really wanted to try out a palette like this from a high end makeup line, but I wanted to try it out from elf first to see if I like the idea of using the green and pink shades to help conceal. Specifically I have been coveting the Make Up Forever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette. After taking this cheapy version for a test drive I know I would love the real deal!

The light shade actually matches my skin very well (the shades come off more darker on camera in this picture...they are really very light) and the darker shade would work if I was using my sunless tanner. The green cancels out redness very well and the pink is great for under eye circles! I love that this palette comes with a little brush as well.

I will definitely use this at least until I hit pan before I buy the Make Up Forever palette, but now I know that I am a fan of the color wheel concealer concept! It's like buying a shirt from H&M and wearing it until it starts to unravel, loses buttons, gets a hole, etc. If you want quality then you pay for it, but if you want to take a trend for a test drive then why waste the money if you don't know if you will love it or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment