Thursday 25 February 2010

Makeup at the Gym...What's the Verdict?



Makeup at the Gym...What's the Verdict?

My university just built an incredible new state-of-the-art gym and it is absolutely amazing, but get a bunch of college students to sweat it out together and the inevitable question becomes...how do I look working out?

When I go to the gym I have nothing on my face. Zero. Absolutely no makeup whatsoever. But there are many girls, I notice, that have anything from a full face to a coat of waterproof mascara. I can't see the purpose of wearing any myself because a) it would just get sweated off so what's the point? b) it would cause a sweaty mess and look ridiculous on my face and c) it could seriously clog pores.

I mean I know everyone looks gross at the gym and it would be nice to be able to look a little more put together, but that's just really not an option for me. I will look gross and just hope that I don't see anyone I know. I am ultra paranoid about my skin care and think I would worry too much about greasy/pore clogging bacteria if I was wearing any. Sweat is gross enough, right? Are there any avid gym makeup fans out there that could explain this to me?

1 comment:

  1. I do wear makeup at my university gym but only eye makeup. I too think about clogged pores so face makeup is a big no for me. Usually I only wear eye makeup because I was wearing it earlier in the day and don't want to take it off. Especially since taking it off involves moving all that makeup around my eyes with other possibly skin clogging chemicals. I think other girls do it because they're just not comfortable going bare skin or they want it to look like they're not breaking a sweat.

    ReplyDelete