Monday 8 February 2010

Matrix Sleek Look Blow-Down Extreme Creme



Matrix Sleek Look Blow-Down Extreme Creme:

Every once in a while we all make a beauty purchase mistake. This is my most recent offense. I am always searching for the perfect product to blow dry my hair with and I found it in the Living Proof straightening balm, however, being $14 for a tub the size of a golf ball, I would say that I am still in the market for a cheaper product. This was about $15 dollars at Target, but was literally about 10 times the size of my Living Proof favorite so I thought I would give it a try.

FAIL!

Hate is a strong word, but it is a rare hair experience when you feel the need to re-shower after applying a product. I put this in my damp post-shower hair before blow drying and it immediately felt gunky, sticky, knotted, messy, etc. I tried to run a wide tooth comb through my hair to smooth out the mess, but I couldn't get the comb through my normally silky-soft damp locks! I would have gotten right back in the shower to get the goop out, but I was in a rush so I just tried blow drying my hair. I could barely get my round brush through my strands!

The world did not come to an end, but I was not at all thrilled with the results. My straightened hair felt like it had way too much product build-up even though I had only used a dime sized amount of this cream and nothing else. My hair was also not nearly as soft as it normally is after blow drying. I took my semi-stiff and greasy feeling locks out that night and all I could think about was washing my hair. Obviously it did not look as bad to others as I assumed that it looked myself. It was really more of an ew-my-hair-feels-disgusting problem than anything else. Lets just say that I was self-conscious to say the least.

I would never subject my friends to this product so I guess it will go into hair care Siberia at the back of my products cabinet. Oh well. The search continues...

Has anyone else found a straightening/blow dry cream comparable to Living Proof? I fear that there is no such thing. Damn those MIT scientists for coming up with only the best in blow drying technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment