Wednesday 3 February 2010

My Beauty Bag Essentials



My Beauty Bag Essentials: The Beauty Booty that Never Leaves my Bag

Let my start by saying that these are simply the beauty essentials that I keep in my purse at all times. I also have other things cluttering up my bags i.e. Advil, gum, eye drops, extra contacts, etc. It was hard to narrow down, but these are my absolute have-to-have purse essentials...like I would not walk out of the door without them.

In terms of hair items I keep it basic. I have extra hair ties, bobby pins, and a little travel brush (the weird orange thing in the bottom right hand corner).

For my face I always keep oil absorbing sheets on hand for blotting purposes. I think this CVS brand of sheets works exactly like the Clean and Clear brand, but it's less expensive. I also have hand sanitizer because college is dirty and I've already had the Swine Flu. Gross! I also carry a little mirror around. This one I got at a bazaar in Istanbul. It's intricately decorated on the outside and has one regular and one magnifying mirror inside. Haggling with Turkish market men isn't really my thing, but I got a pretty good deal on this. Just a few lira!
I also have Rosebud Salve which is just a clear pot of gloss with the most amazing rose scent and just a hint of glossy shimmer. It moisturizes my lips like no other product out there and it's small enough to fit in a clutch!

For what I suppose you could call "body" needs I keep bandaids in there for tricky high heel situations where my feet need a helping hand as well as one or two Clinique solid perfumes. I like these because they come in a chubby pencil form so I can just doodle it on my wrists instead of getting my fingers all messy in a solid perfume pot. The sticks come with their own extra large pencil sharpener and I love the fruity scents. The set of three came with Clinique's classic Happy scent as well as this Wealth of Flowers scent and a Citrus scent. They are all nice and refreshing for a quick scent touch-up.

I definitely add different items to my bag in addition to these essentials depending on where I am going, what I am doing, how long I will be out, etc. For example, if I am going to an event at night I may bring along the lip color that I have chosen for that evening or if I know I'll be on campus in class all day I will bring a mattifying powder compact for quick face touch-ups during the day. Water bottles, mini tissue packets, and some random jewelry also seem to make it into the bag more often then not.

What are your purse essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment