Thursday 7 January 2010

Battle of the Matifying Powders




Battle of the Matifying Powders: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder vs. elf Translucent Matifying Powder

I have oily/combination skin and I am forever trying to combat the oil with different types of matifying makeup. Everything promises to keep your face oil-free for the day, but I haven't actually found a miracle item that works that well...yet. These two powders, however, do a fairly good job. The elf powder cost me 3 dollars and the Maybelline powder was about 8 with tax. I don't use the sponge that comes with the compacts unless I am on the go because I think a brush gives me more of a clean and even finish. I don't want it to look caked on.

If I had to choose a favorite of the two I suppose I would choose the elf just because I think they do the exact same thing, but that one cost me five dollars less. So far I am not too excited about these products, but stay tuned for a post coming soon on a Clinique product I have just begun testing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment