Tuesday 19 January 2010

January Beat-the-Blues Wish List




It is cold, rainy, snowy, and gray outside so I'm feeling inspired to search for a few products that could beat my winter blues and give me a pop of color. Here are my wish list picks to brighten my January-

NARS Orgasm Illuminator:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P254215&categoryId=C8330&shouldPaginate=true

I may just be addicted to this shade. Yes, I have the blush, creme shade stick, and lip gloss in this color, but now they've come out with the Illuminator and I just have to try it too!! A fresh dewy glow is just what I need right now amidst this dreary winter weather. I am already a fan of sunless tanner so that I keep from being pasty-pale 24/7, but this would give me a whole new kind of glow! I mean at least I've never given a second thought to buying the Orgasm nail polish. Well, not really....

MAC CremeBlend Blush in So Sweet, So Easy:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT2218&PRODUCT_ID=7166

I was definitely intrigued by the new MAC in Lillyland spring collection. It was drastic contrast from their Warm and Cozy winter collection! Bright, punchy colors that definitely match the collection's muse, Lilly Pulitzer, and make me wish spring wasn't months and months away. I love the bold color palette of this collection. If I had to pick just one product it would be this blush. I can picture myself fresh faced and lightly flushed with just a few dabs. Maybe I would even try some of the brighter colors. Do they look radioactive to anyone else? So bright!

Essie Nail Polish in Tart Deco:

http://www.essieshop.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Tart+Deco&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

This creamy coral color from Essie's spring 2010 collection is bound to pump up my spirits. I normally have a coat of Essie's ballet slippers on my nails in the winter time, but maybe not so much after this little incident: Over my winter break I went to get my nails done with my mom at her usual nail place and I plopped down in the chair with ballet slipper only to have my nail technician eye me critically and quip, "Ugh this color is so boring! Ugh! Any other color would be better. Really? You really want this color? You sure?" Well, if that didn't turn me off my favorite polish then I don't know what would! But she had a point. Ballet Slippers is not exactly a shade that begs to be noticed. This polish may be just what my hands have been waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment