Sunday 17 January 2010

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lip Gloss in Lilac Sugar



Bobbi Brown Shimmer Lip Gloss in Lilac Sugar:

Oh this gloss! I remember back in middle school (wow) when every girl had this gloss. Now I don't mean that many girls had this. I mean that every girl, if she wanted to survive to see age 14, had this lip gloss. I would walk down the halls and pass tubes and tubes of this being plucked out of backpacks, tossed into lockers, and stuffed into pockets. I had to have it. It was an emergency. It was a life and death situation. So I did a few hours of babysitting, dragged my mom to Bloomingdales, marched up to the Bobbi Brown counter and bought it. Now that color looks purple and it does have a purple sheen to it, but it's mainly just a shimmery clear gloss that happens to smell like cupcakes and candy and birthdays. I wore this color for a year straight and forgot all about it...until recently.

I was at Sephora buying something (can't recall what it was...this event overshadowed all else) and I used my Sephora Insiders card, obviously, because every 100 points that you wrack up (aka 100 dollars that you spend) you get to choose a free gift. I guess I was at my 100 point mark because the sales girl brings three small items up to the counter and asks me to choose my free gift. I barely look up...and there it was. This lip gloss in Lilac Sugar. Can it really be the lip gloss that defined my middle school days? It was. Of course I scooped it right up and have worn it frequently ever since. Maybe it's fate. I was destined to be reunited with the gloss that started my lip product addiction years ago. Or maybe Bobbi Brown realized that a gloss that was popular when I was in middle school needed some re-promoting. Either way, I'm hanging onto it even just for the sentimental value...and the scent that could induce a sugar rush just from one waft.

No comments:

Post a Comment